Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wednesday Night Basketball Recap



I'm finding it hard to get around today after an intense night of basketball. Missing my meniscus and PCL in my right knee should probably keep me limited to how much time I bang on the court. Forget that though. Knee hurting and knee throbbing after the first game, I continued on. I have to say I played above decent for the second week in a row. Playing well through this torture made me feel like Jordan when he had a fever of 102 in the NBA Finals and still dominated. Alright well maybe not that good but a kid can dream right?

Much of the night I had the pleasure of guarding the Jewish form of Ben Wallace. Or so he thought because he told us he is growing out his jewfro. It turns out he was probably the furthest thing from Ben, as he stood behind the 3-point line all night waiting to shoot. In game 1 he sunk one in my eye. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well that isn't going to happen. He went scoreless the rest of the night while I was on him.

I liked guarding him though as it kept me out of the lane, since we had a guest appearance by the Ram who took up much of the court. I hadn't seen the Ram in about 4 years and didn't recognize him at first because he looked like he belonged in a WWE Royal Rumble (coming up soon!!!). Still one of the most humble kids to talk to.

All in all it was a fun night. Some good hoopage was played and there were no major incidents (the hole in the ceiling I accidentally kicked the ball through was minor, I didn't even kick it that hard, Center sucks anyway). Gator and Jr were on the same team with me the whole time so it kept it pretty tame. Our team probably had the least talent overall but definitely the most hustle leading to...

MVP: Our entire team.

No comments: