Monday, January 5, 2009

Change



I'm not a big fan of change. Though I have a great time drinking and pretending like I care about watching the ball drop, I think that New Years Eve is the most overrated night of the year. I would be happy laying on the couch watching college football and SportsCenter's Year in Review.

ESPN.com has been dismantled and I don't like it one bit. The old webpage was simply that, a webpage. It was easy to view and find things you wanted to know and read. This new thing they got going on is a little too much. I was trying to look up the remaining free agents in baseball and somehow wound up clicking on a video about the Yankee dynasty (can anyone remember that far back?).

Anyone up for a petition on getting the old ESPN.com back? While we're at it facebook.com as well.

Tonight is the Fiesta Bowl where ESPN is letting everyone know that "Both teams have something to prove." What is that? That they both played really well this year and are rewarded by playing in a BCS game? No, we're going to dwell on the bad things for the teams instead because everyone seems to hate these two schools more than any other in the country.

I wore an Ohio State jersey to work today, which is natural for Buckeye fans to do the day of a big game right? WRONG. It is pretty lenient around our office but somehow the topic of discussion has to be that I am wearing a football jersey. Did someone draw a swastika on my back or something?

I may be the only that believe the Buckeyes have a change tonight so I put money on them to win straight up. Just to cover my ass I also played them to cover. What's the worst that could happen? Oh, right...

No comments: