Thursday, January 8, 2009

...and boom goes the dynamite.



It started as a typical mid week day as I left work and was heading home in the snow to go to the gym. On my way I get a call from the Gator, which is very unusual now days, to see if I wanted to join along in playing some open gym basketball at BCMS (weak, go Glenwood!). I believe he was surprised to hear my positive answer because normally I decline to play full court driveway ball at his house.

After being pushed back to 9:00 instead of 8:30 and having to play in the downstairs gym for half an hour (adding to Center sucking), we started to hoop it up. Inspired by Titus, I continued to tell people how "wet my j" was (I didn't play the first game because I wasn't one of the first 10 out of 14 to make a free throw).

While sitting there I thought to myself "don't embarrass yourself, just pass the ball and stand in one spot", but of course I began to throw that round thing toward the round thing. I actually surprised myself a little bit by making some tough shots and lay-ups. These cancelled out all of the easy ass shots that I've missed in my career.

Things got chippy toward the end with Gator and Jr., but when you're playing open gym basketball where everyone is between the ages of 22-35 you will have that. Us 22's think that these old men can't hang with us and those 35's think that we think we're hot shit. Well, we're both right which forces wrongs.

I can't wait to get back to it next Wednesday night.

MVP: Javis

No comments: